Export Council of Australia- State Advisory Councils
State Advisory Councils form a pivotal role in driving the Export Council of Australia’s objectives at a local level. The State Advisory Councils our located in mainland capital cities across Australia and the role of the councils is to ensure that at a local level the following objectives and priorities of the Export Council are achieved and that State level issues can be fully canvassed and supported:
1.To play a leading role in the development of Australia’s resources via the promotion of Australian industry, including SME participation, in international markets
2. Equip Australian business with the skills and capabilities required to effectively and efficiently conduct profitable international trade (through the established AIEx)
3. Make representations to and on behalf of exporters to appropriate decision makers on:
• Policies and regulatory measures impacting the international competitiveness of Australian industry
• The role of export promotion activities and programs which promote business development, encourage a greater outward orientation in industry and support marketing of Australian products and services in international markets
• The Government’s broader trade policy agenda including multilateral, regional and bilateral trade negotiations.
4. Undertake research to identify and quantify the issues affecting the development of profitable international trade activity by Australian SME companies.
5. Interface with and provide support to sector specific associations and councils representing business engaged in international trade.
6. Deliver activities which:
• Provide a forum for the exchange of ideas and knowledge
• Reward excellence in export
The Export Council of Australia State Councils will undertake to:
• Participate in setting the priorities for the Export Council of Australia agenda at a local level
• Liaise with the relevant Export Council of Australia’s State Manager to monitor and support the State Manager in delivering the key priorities and objectives as outlined above
• Develop relationships with State Government, local businesses and local representatives of Commonwealth Agencies
• Provide input to the Board via the Chair of the State Council who will be a member of the Export Council of Australia Board
The Export Council of Australia State councils will meet up to five times a year. Membership of the State Council is at the discretion of the State Advisory Council Chair.
If you or a representative from your organisation would like to join your State council, then please contact your State Manager:
National Office- NSW
Phone: + 61 2 8243 7410
Phone: + 61 419 114 699
Phone: + 61 8 8379 3787
Phone: + 61 8 9365 7684
Phone: + 61 7 6846 2544
New South Wales
Phone: + 61 2 8243 7440
Phone: + 61 2 8240 7400